Present these cheesecake blondies in a gift box for a delicious home-made gift.
- 1 hr 10 mins + cooling
- Make 15
- 230g tub cream cheese, softened
- 180ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300g white chocolate, chopped
- 60g butter
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 160ml cake flour
- 3ml baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 16cm x 22cm cake tin with baking paper. Beat together the cream cheese, 60ml of the sugar and 1 of the eggs. Stir in ½ of the chocolate. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining chocolate and butter in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Mix in the remaining sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into the butter mixture.
- Spoon ½ of the batter into the prepared tin. Spread the cream cheese mixture over and top with remaining batter. Swirl the top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until it doesn’t wobble and a skewer comes out with moist crumbs. Cool.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE AND PHOTO: DYLAN SWART