These cheesecake soufflés are made with just 3 ingredients.
- 30 mins
- Makes 6
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150g white chocolate
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Refrigerate egg whites until cold (this makes them more stable when whipped).
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until
melted. Stir in the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the egg yolks and a pinch salt.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Stir ⅓ into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Fold
in the rest until smooth. Divide between 6 x 125ml ramekins.
- Place the cups in a deep oven tray and pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 160°C and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave in for another 10 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream, if you like.
- These soufflés can also be chilled in the fridge before serving for a firmer cheesecake texture. Top with
granadilla pulp or strawberry coulis and fresh fruit.
COMPILED BY MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2018