Cheesy baked rice is a great way of using up leftover rice and whatever veggies you have in your house.
- 50 mins
- 2 egg yolks
- 625ml milk
- 50g packet mushroom soup powder
- 10ml mustard powder
- 500ml cooked rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful parsley, chopped
- handful blanched broccoli, chopped
- 250ml sandwich ham, chopped (optional)
- 500ml Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Beat together the yolks, milk, soup powder and mustard. Add the remaining ingredients and ½ of the cheese.
- Spoon into a greased dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2018