This Cheesy Pumpkin Lasagne makes an indulgent meat-free, one-pot family supper dish.
- 1 hr 20 mins
- 2kg pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- 750ml milk
- handful sage, chopped
- 45ml butter
- 90ml cake flour
- 125ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5ml ground nutmeg
- 200g Ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 12 lasagne sheets
- 200g Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season and roast for about 20 minutes until soft and golden.
- For the cheese sauce, heat the milk and sage to just before boiling point.
- Melt the butter in another saucepan on medium. Add the flour and fry for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove the sage from the milk and slowly add the milk to the flour mixture while stirring. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the grated Cheddar cheese and nutmeg. Season.
- Assemble the lasagne by spooning a layer of cheese sauce into 4-6 small bowls. Top the sauce with a layer of lasagna sheets and then the roasted pumpkin, flattening with a fork. Sprinkle over some of the Ricotta cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Finish with a layer of Mozzarella. Lower the oven to 180°C and bake for about 25-30 minutes.