A delicious week-day meal! Try this chicken and apricot tagine tonight.
- 40 mins
- 20ml olive or avocado oil
- 500g deboned chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5ml ground coriander
- 8ml ground cumin
- 3ml turmeric
- 375ml chicken stock
- handful semi-dried apricots
- 15ml honey
- 30ml coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil on medium and sear the chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic and onion to the pan and sauté. Stir in the coriander, cumin and turmeric and add the chicken and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add apricots and honey. Cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Season and scatter over the coriander.
Serving suggestion: Serve with couscous (for added flavour, mix flaked almonds and chopped parsley into the couscous).
Magazine issue date: May, 2018