A creamy chicken and corn soup served with a hot ciabatta is a perfect way to warm up, and at only R23 a serving is very well priced too.
- 30 mins
- 60ml butter
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750ml chicken stock
- 2 x 410g tins creamed corn
- 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 60ml sour cream
- 3 spring onions, sliced + extra for sprinkling
ciabatta slices, to serve
- 1 Heat 30ml butter on medium high and cook the chicken breasts until golden. Season. Add the remaining butter and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock, creamed corn and corn kernels. Bring to boil then simmer for about 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and spring onion. Season. Serve with toasted ciabatta slices and extra sliced spring onion sprinkled over.