A lovely chicken and mushroom casserole dinner that takes only 35 minutes to make.
- 35 mins
- 10ml olive or avocado oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, quartered
- 60ml cake flour
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 250ml chicken stock
- 125ml cream
- 30ml parsley, chopped
- Heat oil on medium-high and cook the chicken, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and bacon to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, then add
- Stir in the flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, gradually adding the stock and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, season, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parsley.
Serving suggestion: Serve with steamed rice or warm pitas.
Magazine issue date: May, 2018