Bacon, mozzarella and sherry take this chicken to new heights!
- 40 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 thick slices Mozzarella cheese, halved
- 4 sage leaves
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
For the sauce
- 30ml sherry
- 15ml wholegrain mustard
- 125ml cream
Blanched green beans, to serve
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a rolling pin. Season and place a slice of Mozzarella cheese and a sage leaf on one half of each breast. Fold over to enclose the cheese. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each fillet. Secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil on medium high and brown the chicken all over. Place the chicken on a baking tray and roast for about 20 minutes until cooked.
- Pour the sherry into the same pan, add the mustard and cream and reduce for a minute. Set aside until needed. Serve the chicken with the sauce and green beans.
reeze the chicken fillets between pieces of greaseproof paper for quick and easy dinners.