These flavourful chicken schnitzel wraps will soon become a family favourite.
- 50 mins + marinating
FOR THE SCHNITZEL
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3ml garlic powder
- 3ml smoked or plain paprika
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125ml cake flour
- 500ml panko breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- 4 small wraps
- creamy mayo, guacamole, sliced chillies, carrot ribbons, thinly sliced radishes and lime wedges
- For the schnitzel, cover the chicken with plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin until 5mm thick. Combine the chicken, garlic, paprika and half the buttermilk. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the eggs and remaining buttermilk and place in a bowl. Season the flour and place in a separate bowl.
- Scrape excess marinade off the chicken. Season, then dust in the flour. Dip one thigh at a time into the egg mixture, then press into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a layer of oil in a large frying pan on high and fry the chicken in batches for about 8 minutes, turning halfway until cooked through.
- To serve, slice the chicken and place on the wraps with remaining ingredients.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: July, 2019