This low-carb chicken souvlaki is low carb and packed with zesty flavours. Try them on the braai too.
- 50 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 60ml Greek yoghurt
- 10ml dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 30ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 10 small or 3 medium Israeli cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80ml feta, cubed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 100g packet Kalamata olives
- handful dill, chopped
- Combine the chicken, yoghurt, ½ the oregano, garlic and ½ the lemon juice. Thread onto 4 skewers.
- Combine the remaining oregano and a squeeze of lemon juice with the oil. Mix through the cucumber, tomatoes, feta, onion, olives and dill. Season.
- Heat a splash of extra oil on high and fry the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked. Season and squeeze over lemon juice. Serve with the salad and zest sprinkled over.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: June, 2018