The ultimate chicken souvlaki!
- 25 mins + marinating
- Serves 4
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- squeeze lemon juice
- handful fresh mixed herbs (oregano, mint and thyme), finely chopped + extra
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml sugar
- 4 chicken breasts
- 80ml tzatziki
- 4 pita breads
- handful lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, oil, garlic and sugar. Season. Set half of the dressing aside for serving. Mix the chicken through the rest of the dressing and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the chicken over hot coals for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Spread dollops of tzatziki on each pita and top with lettuce and tomato. Slice the chicken and place on top of the pitas with the onion scattered over. Drizzle the remaining dressing over, and serve.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016