Serve these Chickpea and Baby Marrow Fritters on a platter as an appetiser or snack.
- 25 mins
- 2 x 410g tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60ml cake flour + extra
- 5ml dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 baby marrows, grated
- sunflower oil, for frying
- thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Blitz the chickpeas with the egg, flour, chilli and garlic, pulsing to form a coarse mixture. Add 15-30ml extra flour if necessary.
- Add baby marrows to the mixture. Season.
- Heat oil on medium-high and fry tablespoons of mixture for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with yoghurt, coriander and lemon.
Magazine issue date: March, 2016