The Choc-chip Snowballs are delighful and the kids will enjoy making them.
- 45 mins
- Makes about 25
- 250g butter, softened
- 60ml (¼ cup) icing sugar + extra
- 5ml (1t) vanilla essence
- 375ml (1½ cups) cake flour
- pinch salt
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g pecan nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate and nuts. If the dough is too soft, chill it until you can work it easily with your hands.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 3cm balls and place on the prepared trays, leaving rising space between each one. Bake for about 7-10 minutes until the bottoms are just slightly brown. Cool for a minute until you can handle them.
- Fill a small bowl with extra icing sugar and roll batches of the warm cookies in the sugar until coated. Place on a cooling rack. Dust with more icing sugar when cold.
Magazine issue date: December, 2015