Surprise your guests with these edible choc mint pots!
- 25 mins + setting
- 60ml boiling water
- 12 mint sprigs + extra
- 875ml mini marshmallows
- 60g butter, diced
- 100g dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 x 49g Peppermint Crisp chocolates, finely crushed
- drop mint essence (optional)
- 250ml cream
- 250ml dark brown cookie crumbs (see tip)
- Pour the boiling water over 2 of the mint sprigs and allow to infuse for 3 minutes. Remove the mint.
- Heat the mint water, marshmallows, butter, chocolate and Peppermint Crisp, stirring frequently
until melted and smooth. Stir in the mint essence, if using. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into 10 x 125ml cups.
Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs over and insert a mint sprig into each.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
We made crumbs using Oreo cookies with the icing removed.
Magazine issue date: November, 2016