If you like Tim Tams, you will love us for these low-sugar, gluten-free chocolate bars.
- 45 mins
- Makes 14
FOR THE DOUGH
- 250ml gluten-free flour + extra
- 10ml xylitol
- 80ml cacao powder
- 80g cold butter, cubed
- 5ml vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 60ml milk
FOR THE FILLING
- 30ml soft butter
- 30ml fine xylitol
- 30ml cacao powder
FOR THE COATING
- 3 x 85g sugar-free milk chocolate, chopped
- For the dough, preheat oven to 180°C. Beat together all the ingredients until a firm dough forms. Knead
the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 5mm thickness. Cut into 28 equal rectangles. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- For the filling, beat together all the ingredients until fluffy. Spread a thin layer over half the biscuits and sandwich with the rest. Refrigerate until firm.
- For the coating, heat the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds,
stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip each biscuit into the chocolate, shaking off excess and place on a baking paper lined tray. Repeat with the rest. Refrigerate until set.
Tip: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Jun, 2018