It's all about the crunch with these creamy chocolate caramel crunch popsicles!
- 25 mins + freezing
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g butter
- 160ml castor sugar
- 160ml water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 500ml thick cream
- 2 x 100g peanut brittle, crushed
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Heat the sugar and water on medium for 3-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, without stirring, and cook for about 3 minutes or until a light syrup forms (see tip). Cool for a minute.
- Slowly add the sugar syrup from a height into the egg yolks, while beating with an electric beater until it has a mousse-like consistency. Whisk in the cream, then fold in the chocolate mixture and peanut brittle until thoroughly blended. Pour the mixture into an ice-cream machine and churn until frozen. Alternatively,
cover and freeze for about 3 hours, beating every hour with an electric beater.
The sugar syrup is ready before the syrup takes any colour. Drop a little onto a cold plate, it should form a thread when stretched between your fingers.
Magazine issue date: Jan, 2018