A lovely, boozy, and in this case, Chocolate Tiramisu is a great way to end a meal.
- 35 mins
- 100g (1slab) dark chocolate, shaved into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30ml) brandy, Frangelico or Amarula
- 2 tbsp (30ml) castor sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 100g Boudoir biscuits
- ½ cup (125ml) strong coffee, cooled
- cocoa powder, to dust
- 2 strawberries, to serve (optional)
- Mix the mascarpone, brandy, Frangelico or Amarula and sugar together. Beat the cream until soft peaks form and gently fold through the Mascarpone. Spoon a dollop of into each of 2 x 250ml serving glasses.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave down the long side of the chocolate bar to make chocolate shavings. Keep some aside as garnish. Sprinkle a layer on top of the Mascarpone mixture in the glasses.
- Quickly dip some of the biscuits in the coffee and place on top of the chocolate layer. Repeat layers ending with a layer of Mascarpone. Cover and set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Dust the tiramisus with cocoa powder and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve with a single strawberry.