This beautifully presented Christmas tree salad is packed with festive flavours of honey roast butternut and cranberries.
- 45 mins
FOR THE DRESSING
- 45ml lemon juice
- 45ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 30ml honey
- 15ml sesame seeds, toasted
FOR THE SALAD
- 1kg butternut cubes
- 45ml honey
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 100g dried cranberries
- 60ml pomegranate rubies (optional)
- 250ml Danish feta, cubed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 125ml flaked almonds, toasted
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients. Season.
- For the salad, preheat oven to 200°C. Place the butternut on a baking tray and drizzle with a
splash of extra oil, honey and rosemary. Season. Bake for about 30 minutes, turning halfway,
- Arrange the butternut (hot or at room temperature), cranberries, pomegranate (if using), feta, spinach
and almonds into a Christmas tree shape. Serve with the dressing.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Top with a star cut out of apple.
Magazine issue date: December, 2017