This delicious and healthy Chunky Chicken Soup will keep you warm on cold nights, and is an affordable way to feed a crowd.
- 45 mins
- Serves 4
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 60ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml cake flour
- 410g tin creamed corn
- 500ml mixed peas and corn kernels
- handful parsley, chopped
- toasted garlic bread, to serve
- Bring the stock to a boil, add the potatoes and chicken and cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are just tender and chicken is cooked. Remove the potatoes and chicken from the stock (reserve stock) and shred the chicken.
- Heat the butter over medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Sprinkle the flour over and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly stir in the stock until smooth. Add the creamed corn and chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mixed peas and corn and cook for 5 minutes. Mix the potatoes and parsley through. Season. Serve with toasted garlic bread
Magazine issue date: July, 2014