Fight winter colds with this citrus sticky chicken tray bake that’s packed with nutrients.
- 1 hr + marinating
- 60ml soy sauce
- 45ml honey
- 15ml sesame oil
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 3-4 naartjies, halved
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 8 mixed chicken pieces
- 1 garlic head, top cut off
- handful thyme
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, oil, ginger, juice of 1 naartjie and juice of 1 lemon. Mix through
the chicken and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the chicken (with marinade) in a roasting tray. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the pan juices and add the remaining naartjie juice, lemon juice, garlic and thyme. Roast for about 25 minutes until caramelised and cooked.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE
PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: July, 2019