Try these delicious Clover Cupcakes with its delicious icing for a colourful flavour explosion!
- 20 mins
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 200g Clover Mooi river butter
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Clover sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
FOR THE ICING
- 125g Clover Mooi River Butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 50ml condensed milk
- food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
- Using an electric beater, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Stir in half the flour and half the Clover sour cream, then add the remaining flour and then the remaining Clover sour cream.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until light and fluffy, adding in a little icing sugar at a time. Once all the icing sugar is used, add the condensed milk to get the desired texture in the icing.
- For some playfulness in your icing, try adding food colouring or the different flavours Margie recommends above, to the mix before icing and decorating your cupcakes
Magazine issue date: May, 2014