Make these refreshing coconut fish tacos for lunch on a hot day.
- 40 mins
- 500g firm white fish fillets, skin and bones removed
- 5ml paprika
- 80ml cake flour
- 180ml Panko breadcrumbs
- 250ml IMBO Desiccated Coconut
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil or coconut oil, for shallow frying
FOR THE COCONUT AND AVO SALSA
- ½ red onion, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chilli, chopped
- 60ml fresh coconut, finely chopped
FOR THE CORIANDER SAUCE
- handful coriander, chopped
- 125ml sour cream
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 handfuls baby salad leaves
- Cut the fish into bite-size chunks. Combine the fish with the paprika. Season the flour and mix the fish through. Remove the fish, shaking off the excess flour.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the coconut. Dip the fish in batches in the egg and then the coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat enough oil for shallow frying on medium and fry the fish in batches for about 4-5 minutes until
golden all over. Drain on a paper towel.
- For the coriander sauce, blitz the coriander and sour cream together. Season. Warm the tortillas and layer with the leaves, fish and salsa. Drizzle the sauce over before serving.
Find out how to crack open a fresh coconut here.
Magazine issue date: November, 2015