Serve these delightful coconut macaroons with raspberry cream as dessert when you have family or guests over.
- 50 mins
- Makes about 20
- 45ml water
- 160ml sugar
- 15ml liquid glucose
- pinch salt
- 200g IMBO Dessicated Coconut
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 5ml vanilla essence
FOR THE RASPBERRY CREAM
- 180ml cream
- 15ml icing sugar
- 125g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Heat the water, sugar, glucose and salt on medium high, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Take off the heat and stir in the coconut. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the coconut mixture. Spoon tablespoonfuls on the prepared tray. Make a slight indent in each with the back of a spoon. Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cool to room temperature.
- For the raspberry cream, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Stir in the icing sugar. Mash the raspberries with a fork until a purée forms. Swirl the raspberries through the cream until it looks marbled. Spoon on top of each macaroon. Serve immediately.
Find out how to crack open a fresh coconut here.
Magazine issue date: November, 2015