Got a cake craving? You're just minutes away from enjoying these moist coffee pecan crumble cakes!
- 2 mins
- Makes 4
- 180ml (¾ cup) soft brown sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) cold butter, cubed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cake flour
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 45ml (3T) strong brewed coffee
- 5ml (1t) vanilla essence
- 250ml (1 cup) self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) fig or apricot jam
- whipped cream, to serve
- For the crumb topping, combine half the sugar, half the butter and all of the cake flour. Stir in a third of the nuts until large lumps form. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining sugar and butter together. Add the eggs, buttermilk, coffee and vanilla and beat well. Stir in the self-raising flour and salt. Fold through the remaining nuts.
- Grease 4 microwave-safe cups. Spoon layers of the batter and jam into each cup (starting and ending with a batter layer). Sprinkle with the crumb topping. Microwave on high for about 90 seconds until just cooked. Serve with whipped cream.
Magazine issue date: May, 2015