Crunchy and chocolatey, nobody can resist this Cookies and Cream treat.
- 10 mins
- 1 litre quality vanilla ice cream
- 1½ cups (375ml) broken Oreo biscuits
- 3 store-bought brownies, broken into chunks
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften slightly.
- Mix the Oreos and brownie chunks into the softened ice cream.
- Place in a tub or freezer-proof container and freeze until firm.
- Scoop into bowls (or sugar cones) to serve.
Note When working with ice cream, remove your ice cream from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, as this will make it appear more creamy. Remember to always cover your ice cream with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent ice crystals from forming. Adding alcohol to ice cream and sorbets will result in a softer texture because alcohol doesn’t freeze.
Magazine issue date: January, 2011