These corn fritters with crispy bacon are the perfect nibble – and so easy to make for a crowd.
- 35 mins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 180ml self-raising flour
- 80ml buttermilk
- 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 8 rashers crispy streaky bacon
- 1 avocado, chopped
- handful rocket
- handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Combine the eggs and flour until smooth. Whisk in the buttermilk, corn and onions. Season and mix well. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil on medium. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the corn mixture into the pan, and allow room for spreading. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until bubbles have risen to the surface and the fritters are golden underneath. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining corn mixture.
- Place the corn fritters on serving plates, top with crispy bacon, avocado, rocket and tomatoes.
Magazine issue date: May, 2017