Make a filling and delicious Corn Soup with Chicken Skewers as a heart-warming meal.
- 40 mins
- 30ml butter
- 30ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L chicken stock
- 1kg frozen corn, thawed
- 125ml cream
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 15ml soy sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- baby herbs (like rocket), to serve
- Heat the butter and oil on medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes until done. Cool slightly, then blitz until smooth. Stir in the cream and season. Place in the fridge for 2 hours until chilled.
- Combine the chicken with the soy sauce and lemon zest and juice. Thread onto small skewers, cover and marinate for about 30 minutes. Heat extra oil on medium-high and fry the skewers for about 5 minutes, turning, until cooked. Season.
- Garnish the soup with lemon slices, chilli and baby herbs, and serve with the skewers