The Cream Cheese Jacket Potatoes make cream cheese and potatoes - a match made in heaven!
- 1 hr
- 6 medium potatoes
- olive or avocado oil, for rubbing
- 80ml butter
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 250g cream cheese
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 60ml Peppadews, chopped
- handful basil, chopped
- 1 Prick the potatoes all over with a fork. Rub with oil, season and place a knob of butter on each potato. Cover with a double layer of foil.
- Place the potatoes in between medium-hot coals and cook for about 45 minutes (depending on size) until soft when squeezed with tongs. Turn the potatoes often to prevent burning.
- For the topping, combine all the ingredients. Season. Serve the potatoes with the topping.
Next time, serve the potatoes with one of these:
- Sour cream, chives and garlic
- Fried bacon, onions and mushrooms mixed with smooth cottage cheese
- Tomato salsa, guacamole and grated Cheddar cheese
Speed things up by cooking the pricked potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes until soft. Continue with step 1, but cook for about 15 minutes over hot coals until the skin starts to firm up slightly.