This creamy chicken and broccoli bake is low fat and conveniently made in one dish.
- 35 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- 200g packet back bacon, fat removed and chopped
- 2 handfuls broccoli
- 50g packet cream of mushroom soup powder
- 375ml skimmed milk
- handful parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a large ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray and fry the chicken, bacon and broccoli, in batches, for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Combine the soup powder and milk and pour over the chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked. Scatter with parsley.
Serve with brown rice, if you like.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2019