Take everyday chicken mayo sandwiches up a notch and make creamy chicken cones – a treat for high teas.
- 45 mins + cooling
- Makes 12
- 60ml cream cheese
- 160ml shredded roast chicken
- 125ml mayonnaise
- small handful chives, chopped
- 6 white bread slices
- 2 peppadews, torn
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the cream cheese, chicken, mayo and chives.
- Roll the bread slices out as flat as possible and cut off the crusts. Cut each slice in half from corner to corner. Roll each triangle up into a cone shape and pinch seams together. Place seam side down on a tray (see step by steps). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- Fill the cones with the chicken mixture and top with peppadews and extra chives.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Mar, 2018