These Creamy Garlic Snails are great as a starter for a dinner party.
- 25 mins
- 45ml butter
- 4 garlic gloves, crushed
- 200g tinned snails, drained
- 30ml cake flour
- 30ml brandy (optional)
- 310ml warm milk + extra
- 30ml soy sauce (optional)
- few drops of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- squeeze lemon juice
- 4-6 slices brown bread, cut into fingers, to serve
- Heat the butter and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes until melted and fragrant. Add snails and fry for 1 minute. Add the brandy and let most of the liquid reduce.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Add the soy sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice, to taste. Allow to simmer, stirring occassionally for 5 minutes. Add extra milk to thin sauce to your liking and bring to boil. Season. Serve with the bread fingers.
Magazine issue date: November, 2015