This creamy polenta with prawns and corn salsa is delicious as a weekday supper, or omit the prawns for a delicious braai side.
- 30 mins
FOR THE MEALIE SALSA
- handful each coriander and parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- juice of 1 lemon + extra
- 2 cooked mealies, kernels cut off
FOR THE POLENTA
- 750ml water
- 10ml salt
- 250ml instant polenta
- 80g butter + extra
- 415g tin creamed corn
- 125ml sour cream
- 12 prawn tails, defrosted
- 8ml harissa spice (optional)
- For the salsa, combine all the ingredients. Season.
- For the polenta, bring the water to a boil on medium. Whisk in the polenta and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until cooked and soft. Stir in the butter, corn and sour cream and heat through. Season.
- Heat a knob of extra butter on high, add the prawns, sprinkle with harissa and cook for about 3 minutes or until pink. Season.
- Divide the polenta between bowls and top with the prawns and salsa.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: January, 2019