Make these creamy pork chops with caramelised apples in just 30 minutes!
- 30 mins
- 50g butter
- 3 small green apples, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 15ml soft brown sugar (optional)
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 15ml BBQ spice
- 125ml Appletizer or apple juice
- 80ml cream
- small handful sage, chopped
- blanched green beans, to serve
- Heat the butter on medium, add the apples and sprinkle the sugar over. Fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples have caramelised.
- Heat a splash of oil on high, rub the chops with the spice and fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add the Appletizer or juice to the pan with the chops and cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Season and mix the sage through. Spoon the apples over and serve with green beans.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: June, 2016