This creamy tuna and corn pasta bake is a tasty and easy meal.
- 40 mins
- ¾ x 500g packet macaroni
- 60g butter
- 30ml flour
- 500ml milk
- 180ml grated Cheddar or mozzarella
- 2 x 170g tins tuna, drained and flaked
- 200g tin corn kernels, drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease an ovenproof dish. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the flour. Cook, stirring, for a minute, or until bubbling. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk until combined.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 60ml of the cheese. Season.
- Add the sauce to the pasta with the tuna and corn. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Magazine issue date: September, 2019