No deep-frying’s needed to make these crispy oven-‘fried’ buffalo wings.
- 1 hr
- 1kg chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 8ml baking powder
- 5ml garlic powder
- 3ml salt
- ranch dressing, to serve
- oven-baked chips, coleslaw and lemon wedges, to serve
FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE
- 50g butter, melted
- 80ml red hot sauce
- 15ml honey
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking tray with foil and top with a wire rack. Pat the wings dry with
- Combine the baking powder, garlic and salt. Mix through the wings until well coated. Place on the rack, leaving space in between each.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, turning after 30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- For the buffalo sauce, combine all the ingredients. Season. Serve with the wings, ranch dressing, chips,
coleslaw and lemon.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
For crispier wings, finish step 2, then refrigerate the uncooked wings overnight.
Magazine issue date: Jul, 2019