This crunchy honeycomb will leave you wanting just one more bite...
- 30 mins + cooling
- 100g gingerbread cookies, crushed
- 100g ready-made caramel popcorn
- 500ml sugar
- 160ml liquid glucose
- 80ml water
- 15ml bicarbonate of soda
- Maldon sea salt flakes, to sprinkle (optional)
- Spread out the cookies and popcorn on a 30cm x 45cm lightly greased baking tray.
- Heat the sugar, glucose and water on medium, stir to combine, then bring to a boil without stirring. Cook
for about 20 minutes or until the temperature reaches 150°C on a sugar thermometer.
- Remove from heat and, working quickly, add the bicarb, whisking until combined. Pour immediately over the cookie mixture. Sprinkle with salt if you like. Set aside until hardened.
Note: the honeycomb will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
Magazine issue date: May, 2016