A warming and spicy curried butternut and lentil roti that vegetarians will love.
- 40 mins
- 150g IMBO Brown Lentils
- 1 large butternut, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml curry powder
- 5ml ground cumin
- 15ml lemon juice
- 60ml coriander, chopped
- 4-6 rotis, heated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Cook the lentils according to packet instructions. Place the butternut cubes in a pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Cook until tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Stir in the curry powder and cumin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the butternut, lentils and lemon juice to the onion mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through. Add a little water, if necessary, to prevent sticking. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Place some of the butternut mixture in the centre of each roti and top with tomato. Wrap up