Pretzels and dark chocolate make for a thoughtful (and delicious!) gift in this don’t break my heart bark.
- Takes 30 mins + cooling
- Makes 1
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- about 30 salted pretzels
- 8ml heart-shaped sprinkles
- 80g white chocolate, chopped
- about 30 x 1cm dark and light pink fondant hearts
- Line a 24cm heart-shaped tin with baking paper. Heat dark chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Spread into prepared tin.
- Top with pretzels, then add the sprinkles (around the pretzels) before the chocolate sets. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to harden.
- Heat white chocolate in the microwave for about tips 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle.
- Pipe white chocolate into a pretzel to resemble a heart and top with a fondant heart, before the chocolate sets. Repeat with the rest. Remelt chocolate if necessary.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until hard. Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month or in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Save money by buying chocolate from baking stores.
RECIPE AND STYLING: MARGIE ELS-BURGER PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Feb, 2018