We’ve simplified this family favourite, making it a quick, easy and delicious supper.
- 40 mins
- olive oil, for frying
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 80ml cake flour
- 250ml milk
- 310ml chicken stock
- 240g packet sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped with the juice
- 3ml smoked paprika
- handful thyme, leaves picked
- 250ml frozen peas
- squeeze lemon juice
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil on high and fry the chicken and onion until browned. Season. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the milk, then the stock and cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Stir in the sundried tomatoes, paprika, thyme, peas and lemon juice and heat through. Season. Spoon into a greased 30cm dish.
- Scrunch up the phyllo and place on the chicken. Spray generously with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: August, 2019