This Easy Fish and Corn Chowder is delicious and just as healthy. Make it your family dinner favourite.
- 30 mins
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 125g diced bacon (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1L chicken stock
- 500g white fish (like hake) without skin and bones
- 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 125ml cream
- handful parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium high. Add the bacon and fry for about 5 minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same saucepan and sauté. Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are just tender. Cut the fish into 4cm pieces and add to the chowder, with the bacon and corn. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the fish is just cooked. Season.
- Add the cream or milk and parsley just before serving. Serve with crusty bread.
Magazine issue date: August, 2015