These easy Mexican enchiladas are a family favourite.
- 45 mins
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg beef mince
- 15ml paprika
- 10ml ground cumin
- handful oregano, chopped
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 4 flour tortillas
- 250g sour cream
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil on medium-high and sauté the onion and garlic. Add mince in batches with the paprika, cumin and oregano. Break up the mince and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Season.
- Add tomatoes and press fine with a fork. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add beans and stir to combine.
- Fill the end of each tortilla with some of the beef mixture, roll to form a log shape and place in a shallow baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle the cheeses over. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN AND INGE BARTSCH PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: September, 2016