If you're looking for a great Sunday afternoon meal to share with friends and family then this easy peasy paella dish is it!
- 1 hr 15 mins
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 250g diced bacon
- 8 chicken thighs
- 200g calamari rings
- 12 half shell open mussels
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3ml crushed chilli flakes
- 5ml paprika
- 310ml Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- 850ml warm chicken stock
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 250ml frozen peas
- large handful parsley, finely chopped
- limes or lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Fry the chicken thighs, calamari and mussels in batches until just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat more oil in the pan and fry the garlic, onion and peppers until soft. Add the paprika and rice and fry, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes until coated in oil. Add 625ml stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice is al dente.
- Add the rest of the stock and cook for another 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and juice and cook for 5 minutes. Add the peas, bacon, calamari and mussels and cook for 5 minutes until heated through. Season. Serve with chopped parsley and lime or lemon wedges.