Vegetarians and the whole family will enjoy these delicious Feta Fritters over breakfast.
- 50 mins
FOR THE FRITTERS
- 310ml cake flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250ml chilled soda water
- 600g mixed frozen corn kernels and baby potatoes, cooked
- 200g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 45ml fresh mint, finely chopped
- 30ml vegetable oil, for frying
FOR THE POACHED EGGS
- 45ml spirit vinegar
- 6-8 fresh eggs
- baby leaves, to serve (optional)
- For the fritters, whisk the flour, baking powder, eggs and soda water together until a smooth batter forms. Stir in the corn and peas, Feta and mint. Season.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium and lightly brush the pan with oil. Fry 60ml of the mixture in batches for about 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked. Repeat with the rest.
- For the poached eggs, bring a large saucepan half full of water to boil. Add the vinegar and reduce to a simmer. Break the egg into a bowl and gently slide into the water. Poach for 3-4 minutes for soft eggs or until cooked to your liking. Serve the fritters with the poached eggs and baby leaves on top, if using.