This fettuccine with leek, fish and chilli dish is perfect for intimate dinners.
- 25 mins
- 375g fettuccine
- 60ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5ml dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 60ml parsley, chopped
- 500g hake fillets, skinned, deboned and chopped
- 80ml white wine or fish stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain, drizzle with extra oil and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the leek, garlic and chilli. Stir in the parsley, increase heat to high, add the fish and cook for about 5 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Add the wine or stock and simmer for about 1 minute or until the liquid has reduced. Add the fish mixture and lemon zest to the warm pasta. Season.
Magazine issue date: March, 2016