This fig and pistachio salad with blue cheese dressing has just the right amount of sweetness and tang.
- 20 mins
- 12 figs
- 4 slices bread
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons roasted chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 180ml Knorr Blue Cheese Dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the croutons, slice the crusts off the bread and cut into 4 triangles each.
- Brush the bread with blue cheese dressing each side and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180° until crisp, about 6 – 8 minutes and leave to cool.
- For the raspberry coulis, gently cook half the raspberries in a small saucepan with the sugar until soft and relatively smooth, add a little water if necessary.
- For the figs, split 6 figs in half and gently fry them in a tiny bit of butter or oil in a frying pan until lightly caramelised. Cut the other 6 figs into quarters and leave raw
- Spoon a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing onto the centre of your plate. In a bowl combine the figs, mint and pea shoots, raspberries and croutons and gently toss with another spoon of blue cheese dressing and arrange on the plate.
- Sprinkle with pistachio nuts and a little bit of raspberry coulis.
Have you got your own signature salad? What makes it signature? A signature salad is all about the way you plate it, the flavour combinations and of course, the one ingredient that brings it all together… the salad dressing. What makes the Knorr Blue Cheese Dressing so delicious? It has a strong, tangy taste that is made with cream, distinct blue cheese and a variety of spices that can add a bold flavour to any salad.
Use this delicious salad as inspiration to create your own signature salad!
For all competition details, terms and conditions, click here.