Fish Burgers with Garlic Mayo is a quick dinner idea for the whole family.
- 40 mins
FOR THE MAYONNAISE
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of 1 lime or a squeeze lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml sunflower or avocado oil
FOR THE CABBAGE SALAD
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- handful coriander, chopped
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 10ml white wine vinegar
FOR THE BURGER
- 45ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 6 hake fillets
- 6 Portuguese rolls
- Kettle Fried chips, to serve
- For the mayo, whisk the yolks, lime or lemon juice and garlic together until light and creamy. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, while continuously whisking, until thick and pale. Season.
- For the cabbage salad, combine all the ingredients.
- For the burger, heat the oil over high heat. Season the fish on place skin side down in the frying pan and fry for 3-5 minutes each side until cooked.
- Cut the rolls open and drizzle with extra oil. Divide the salad between the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with fish and dollops of mayonnaise. Serve with chips.