Prepare this fish and pattypan pilaf for a special family dinner.
- 45 mins
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8ml ground cumin
- 8ml ground coriander
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 350g pattypans, quartered
- 375ml Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 500ml fish stock
- 500g skinless and boneless fish fillets
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- handful coriander, chopped
- plain yoghurt, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix together the onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and oil in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the pattypans, rice and stock. Place the fish on top, season and cover. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Flake the fish and mix the almonds and coriander through. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Magazine issue date: March, 2016