Fishcakes just got dressier!
- 40 mins
- 4 mealies, husks removed
FOR THE FISHCAKES
- 2 x 400g tins pilchards in tomato sauce, drained, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- handful coriander, chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 50g walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1-2 avocados, sliced or halved
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- lemon wedges
- Cook the mealies in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain and cut off the kernels. Set aside.
- For the fishcakes, mix the fish and egg until combined. Add the onions, coriander and lemon juice. Season. Shape
into 8 thick patties.
- Heat a splash of oil on medium and cook the fishcakes, in batches, for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked.
Serve with cucumber, walnuts, corn, avo, tomatoes and lemon wedges.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017