This gingerbread popcorn is a delightful festive season snack.
- 20 mins
- 5ml sunflower oil
- 60ml IMBO Popcorn Kernels
- 100g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter
- 45ml soft brown sugar
- 45ml golden syrup
- 10ml ground ginger
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium-high, add the popcorn kernels and cover with a lid. Cook for about 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until the popping sounds are 1 second apart. Remove from heat and transfer into a large bowl with the biscuits.
- Heat the butter, sugar, syrup and spices on medium-high, stirring until the sugar and butter has melted. Pour over the popcorn mixture and mix until coated.
- Spread out on a large, greased tray. Set aside to cool for about 1 hour, stirring every now and again to break them up.
- Once completely cooled, popcorn will last for several days in an airtight container.
Magazine issue date: December, 2016