A simple starter that's easy to prepare and looks pretty classy too is a chicken bruschetta.
- 35 mins
- 1 brinjal, thinly sliced
- 45ml Flora Gold, melted
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 60ml hummus
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Thinly slice 1 brinjal and place on a roasting tray. Drizzle over 45ml melted Flora Gold and season. Roast for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Heat a dollop of Flora Gold on medium high and fry 4 butterflied chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes each side until cooked. Season and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Keep aside.
- Lightly spread 4 slices of crusty bread with Flora Gold and toast in the same pan until golden. Spread the toast with 60ml hummus and top with the brinjal slices, chicken, a handful of cherry tomatoes and a few
Magazine issue date: May, 2015